Systems Design Engineer 2
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Client Platform Validation Engineer - 124905
The Role: Excellent New College Grad Opportunity!
Client Platform Validation Engineer within the validation and debug organization will work with internal and customer teams during post silicon platform development, own the execution and triage of our validation strategy to ensure coverage plans are executed on time to meet customer development or sustaining milestones. The focus of this role will be on reproducing defects and collecting logs to aid in the first level of triage.
The ideal candidate is a hardware/software engineer who enjoys learning about new technologies, deep dive into defects and has a curious mind. Looking for someone who has an eye for details. Running various experiments to root cause an issue will be part of your daily routine. In this position, you will need to be a self-starter, will work on high visibility defects, and will need to come up with new ways to do things.
Excellent communication skills are required in this role to support internal/external teams.
- Help isolate and analyze the failures found in testing and support the internal teams to find the root cause of the issues.
- Participate in issuing internal releasable test/defect reports.
- Perform Software and Hardware level test using external and internal AMD test tools.
- Gather relevant data to drive filing bugs in internal and external bug databases.
- Validate hardware products designed and developed at AMD using the standard operational procedure (SOP), HW-SW use cases developed within the system validation group.
- Assist validation team in improving the validation methods and procedures to achieve improved quality, efficiency, and scalability.
- Executing and/or automating the tests.
- Understanding of reference board usage, high level board design.
- Knowledge of computer architecture, BIOS, Operating system fundamentals.
- Some experience in system level hardware and software design and usage.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with guidance effectively to meet time requirements.
- BASH including shell scripting. Ruby/Python/Go is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux ecosystem, Chrome OS and Chromebook exposure is a plus.
- Knowledge of post silicon validation principles, methodologies, and lab environment.
- Knowledge of source code version control tools is a plus.
- Understanding of Power BI or any similar data reporting tool is a plus.
- Bachelor’s (BS) or Master’s (MS) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject area
Location: Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 162125
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.