Systems Design Engineer-pre- and post-silicon validation
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Datacenter Graphics and Accelerated Computing Validation Team is looking for a dynamic and energetic engineer to join our growing team. As a key contributor to the bring-up and pre- and post-silicon validation of AMD’s Datacenter GPU Multi-core Graphics domain (GFx, VCN, Cache Coherent), and working with cross-functional teams to ensure functionality and quality of SOC designs. Graphics sub-system is at heart of complex technology that delivers industry leading Datacenter solutions for Machine Learning (ML), and High-Performance Computing (HPC), and a validation engineer is responsible to run and debug industry-standard Workloads Apps (Healthcare, Genomics, Weather, Finance, Oil & Gas, etc.). The validation team fosters and encourages continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
An experienced self-starter with the ability to execute complex test plans independently and collaborate with cross-function teams to debug and resolve issues. As a valued team member, you are expected to lead by example, and mentor junior engineers. You should be hands-on with lab tools and comfortable working in a lab environment.
Graphics Domain Validation Engineer’s responsibility includes all aspects of System validation from planning & pre-silicon emulation to post-silicon bring-up, validation, and debug. The focus will be on writing new test plans, developing bare-metal and stack-enabled unit tests & exercisers for functional and stress coverage, tune Workloads to validate various datapaths, and execute test cases on standalone silicon boards and server platforms, by targeting system-level features and operations.
- Develop test plans and code test cases for Graphics domain feature enablement for system-level features
- Develop and execute test cases for unit-level functional and stress scenarios
- Build automation and regression scripts for faster turn-around time
- Develop re-usable, scalable, collaborative test approach by interfacing with HW, FW and Design teams
- Able to work in fast paced environment with real-time problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Able to comfortable working in lab environment
- Significant experience in SoC validation and debug
- Validation or Verification experience of GPU cores, GFx sub-system and Cache coherency
- Hands-on experience in using industry standard JTAG, I2C, Tester and Lab tools
- Strong programming skills (C/C++, Python) and comfortable working on Linux or Windows platforms
- Strong analytical and collaborative skills for test case creation and debug
- Experience in developing test cases for Machine Learning, High Performance Computing
- Able to work as a team and work efficiently in a dynamic environment and on multiple projects
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Austin, Texas, US
Requisition Number: 181629
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.