Systems Software Applications Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence, while being direct, humble, collaborative and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Core Vertical Markets Solutions Engineering team is a fast paced and dynamic group with a charter to deliver high quality “go to market” collateral and solutions such as Reference Designs, IP, Application Notes and Documentation targeting Functional Safety applications for the Automotive, Industrial, Medical, Avionics and Defences markets.
We are looking for a candidate with good experience and strong skills in Embedded Systems Software Applications Engineering. The target platform the candidate will work on includes the AMD Adaptive SoCs and x86 based SoCs. Experience in Functional Safety is desired, but not required.
- Develop software & FPGA components of reference design development with SoCs and ensure quality and on-time delivery
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and other engineering groups to architect reference designs/framework solution that meets or exceed customer requirements
- Work hands-on in developing software applications
- Participate and resolve critical customer support cases
- Develop and review critical customer facing documentation (User Guides, Application Notes, White Papers) to enhance user experience
Ideal candidate will have a BS with 12+ years of exp, MS with 8+ years of exp or PhD with 5+ years of exp in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer or related equivalent
- Knowledge of ARM-based Embedded Systems
- Experience in Open Source Linux development
- Experience in Linux and Bare Metal Application development
- Source management experience with GIT
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Team Player, Well Organized and Willingness to travel
- Ability to work in fast paced and fun multitasking environment.
- One or more of the following:
- Knowledge of other Embedded OS such as RTOS
- Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric multi-processing systems and standards such as openAMP
- Knowledge of Embedded Hypervisors
Requisition Number: 182601
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.