Systems Software Engineer - NHL
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. If you are passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
We're looking for an experienced engineer or someone interested in expanding their knowledge in the Systems area. Our Systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who is excited to use their talent and experience to build AAA quality games.
As an NHL Systems Engineer, you will:
- Work with other engineers to integrate, develop and debug core technologies and features in a massive codebase, merging modern and legacy designs across multiple hardware architectures.
- Manage and optimize memory, load times, and performance.
- Debug a range of defects in development and production environments.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through automation, tooling, or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Work with technical and non-technical co-workers to create practical designs that meet our players' expectations.
- Work together with a team of Systems engineers in a collaborative environment and report to a team lead.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- 2+ years of C++ development experience.
- Able to test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
- Knowledge of software engineering and architectural design.
- Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-core processing, and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems and legacy codebases, covering multiple disciplines.
- Experience with codebases supporting multiple compilers and architectures.
- Experience with profiling tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
- Experience with multiple programming languages (Python, Lua, C#).
- Experience with build systems, pipelines, and source control.