At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for talented Tableau Developer who possess a passion for both: games and creating powerful data visualizations. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s studio in our San Diego and NYC office.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- Perform complex analyses, build reporting solutions, and help develop data that drives forward actionable, efficient insight delivery to help inform decisions across multiple stakeholder groups and development projects.
- Drive needle-moving improvements via hands-on exploration of data, dashboards, statistical analyses, and predictive models.
- Assure Rockstar’s ongoing competitive advantage through compelling visualizations and useful monitoring reports.
- Design and create data visualizations (reports and dashboards) that tell a compelling narrative as required to support business needs.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their business problems, translate those problems into data questions, and then provide visual insight back to the business based on those results.
- Work with stakeholders to update Tableau reports when new business questions arise or the structure of data changes.
- Analyze, define requirements, develop and create documentation for dashboards
- Champion dashboard quality, consistency, usability and reliability by documenting and applying best practices to design and development
- Configure, optimize and maintain the integrity of Tableau reports (including the data sources that feed into the report)
- Work closely with tech leads to drive architectural improvements with Tableau
- Define, execute and interpret SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields
- Collaborate with data scientists and end users to understand and troubleshoot platform issues and develop appropriate solutions
- 3+ years of experience in data visualization and hands on working with complex data and developing visualization tools in Tableau
- 2+ years working with SQL to perform exploratory analysis while writing readable and optimized queries.
- Ability to draw inferences from disparate pieces of data, identifying key findings and linking to business strategies or objectives.
- Technical proficiency with data and databases.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Visualization, Economics, Statistics, or a related field preferred
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and visualize complex information in a meaningful way to a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work directly with a variety of stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure visualization solutions are relevant and actionable
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong team spirit.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Excel.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.