Team Lead 3D environments (FARCRY)
As a 3D Environment Lead at Ubi MTL, you will guide the creation of captivating 3D environments in an immersive world to explore. You will be an environmental architect, a visual storyteller and an experience creator.
Whether it's a level, a side mission, or part of an open world, you will assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player's experience. Each element you carefully place, whether it's a building or a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and mood.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Level Designers and Art Directors to discuss and understand the intentions and vision of the game;
- Collaborate with other art team Leads and Art Directors to discuss and develop the vision for the game;
- Coordinate and motivate level artists as they develop their environments;
- Organize and facilitate regular team meetings to assign tasks, set priorities, discuss progress, etc.;
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, while maintaining quality and performance standards;
- Evaluate the integrated work and ensure it is aligned with the artistic direction and can be animated well;
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback to develop a consistent, quality visual style;
- Keep up to date with best practices to keep pace with the industry;
- Participate in recruiting to create and grow your team of level artists.
What you bring to the team
- Solid experience in level art, modeling, texturing, lighting and image processing, or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, color theory, etc.
- Excellent mentoring, communication, organization, time management, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- A collaborative, creative and empathetic spirit
- Attention to the finer details
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A portfolio of your best achievements in 3D! Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.