Context: Within the Production Communities & Competitive Intelligence team, we are currently looking for someone that will lead competitive intelligence practices - both in terms of organization and technology.
The team : Within the HQ of Ubisoft's production studios, that support our 30 studios worldwide, you will integrate the Production Communities & Competitive Intelligence team that follows up on communities practices internally.
You will directly report to the Production Communities & Competitive Intelligence Director.
Mission statement: You will be in charge of reactivating the competitive watch cell within the HQ, in collaboration with internal communities practices and for our production studios.
What you will do:
You will be in charge of the competitive watch team within Ubisoft's international production HQ.
You main responsibilities will be:
1/ To develop a centralized organizational competitive watch and across our internal communities practices
- Summarize and update studies that aim at a better understanding of how our competitors organize themselves to develop their games;
- Partner with key stakeholders internally (HQ and in-production) to aggregate the already existing information;
- Lead external sourcing studies (press, forums, social networks etc)
- Run communtities practices around competitive watch themes (workshops, round tables etc)
- Liase with our production teams to carry out comparative studies;
- Share competitive watch newsletters internally.
2/ To develop technological competitive watch
- Assemble and update studies that aim at a better understanding of how our competitors invest in their R&D technologies;
- Partner with key stakeholders internally (HQ and in-production) to gather knowledge on technology subjects;
- Lead external sourcing studies (press, forums, tech blogs, social networks etc)
- Liase with our production teams to carry out comparative studies with our own technology;
- Present these studies and findings with Ubisoft International Production HQ.
3/ To participate in the development of governance tools for production
- Roll out metrics to measure the progress of our own initiatives compared to our competitors;
- Contribute to organization & technological SWOT analysis.
4/ To manage 1 to 2 people to support you on that ambitious mission
What we are looking for:
- An academic background in business, engineering, or project management;
- A proven track record in a tech environment or consulting;
- Extensive experience in project management, you deliver on time and are self-demanding on quality;
- Strong analytical skills;
- You have a thorough knowledge of the video game industry, including game engines and technologies;
- Strong communication skills, and a leadership mindset;
- Team player, you are also recognized for your managerial skills;
- Excellent English required to work in an international context.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.