Team Lead (Dev Test)
As a Development Test Team Lead at Ubi MTL, you will be the fuel that drives team efficiency and content quality. You’ll guide a talented team of development testers while overseeing the overall development of a game.
You’re a go-to person for advice and a point of contact for all of production – artists, designers, programmers, and more. Constantly on the lookout for opportunities for progress, you come up with solutions that not only improve our processes but also set your team members up for success. You ensure that every one of their thoroughly tested features is accounted for, so that bugs and glitches don’t slip through the cracks and into the hands of our players.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the production team to understand the overall game vision & design documentation.
- Partner with project managers to help plan tasks and milestones + create the quality control calendar.
- Oversee your development testing team test their features (e.g. mission, AI, audio, UI, engine, online, etc.) & build their test plans.
- Regularly meet with your team to follow up on test plans, provide feedback and coaching, discuss progress, tackle setbacks, coordinate bug correction, flag risks, set benchmarks, etc.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, updating the quality control calendar when and as often as needed.
- Put together and evaluate post-mortems to continuously improve our efforts.
- Carry out the annual evaluations of your development testers.
- Stay up to date on testing best practices, strategies, and techniques to keep up with the industry + develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Participate in recruitment to build your development testing team & foster their long-term growth.
What you bring
- A college diploma in a video game-related program or equivalent training
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in quality control or quality assurance, or related experience (project management an asset)
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Jira), test creation software (e.g. TestRail), and game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) & their limitations
- Solid understanding of test principles & methodologies and basic programming
- A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
- Exceptional problem-solving, organizational, communication, mentorship, and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- A solid understanding of the market & a (fiery) passion for video games
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.