Team Lead (Game Design)
The Team Lead will support the Project Lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM) in overseeing work quality and deadlines for the small team. The incumbent will help follow up on and validate the team’s work and coach team members while overseeing part of the development of the game (where necessary).
What you'll do
The main and routine tasks of the Team Lead are to:
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables.
- Represent the team.
- Organize and lead team meetings.
- Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead/coach the team.
- Draft regular reports for the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives.
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) for the team.
- Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary).
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM).
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work.
- Ensure that new employees integrate the team.
- Help recruit new team members.
What you bring
- College diploma in his/her field of expertise for video games. Certification in project management or equivalent (an asset)
- Team lead - Programming: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent. Certification in project management (an asset)
- 3-5 years’ experience on his/her working unit or other relevant experience
- Participation in at least one complete game production or equivalent
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Time and priority management
- Ability to assemble productive teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in organizing work
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Ability to delegate
- Stress and change management skills
- Managerial courage
- Sense of initiative
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.)
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Knowledge of the tools used by team members
- Project management knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of the other game production working units an asset
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite an asset
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.