Team Lead Graphic Design (Modeling and texture)
Feb 09, 2023
The Team Lead will support the immediate superior in overseeing work quality and deadlines for the small team. The incumbent will help follow up on and validate the team’s work and coach team members while overseeing part of the development of the game (where necessary).
What you will do
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
- Represent the team;
- Organize and lead team meetings;
- Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead/coach the team;
- Draft regular reports for the immediate superior on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives;
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the immediate superior for the team;
- Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary);
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the immediate superior;
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work;
- Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
- Help recruit new team members;
- Carry out working unit-related tasks (depending on the size of the team he/she must supervise);
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- College diploma in their field of expertise for video games. Certification in project management or equivalent (an asset);
- 2-4 years’ experience on his/her working unit or other relevant experience;
- Participation in at least one complete game production or equivalent;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Time and priority management;
- Ability to assemble productive teams;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility in organizing work;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Ability to delegate;
- Stress and change management skills;
- Managerial courage;
- Sense of initiative;
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors;
- Bilingualism (an asset);
- Knowledge of the tools used by team members;
- Project management knowledge (an asset);
- Knowledge of the other game production working units (an asset);
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (an asset).
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
881 available jobs