Team Lead - Level Artist [Splinter Cell]
As a Lead Level Artist at UbiTO, you will guide the creation of the captivating 3D environments players will interact with and explore. You’ll oversee and support a talented team of level artists in transforming an artistic vision into an engaging in-game world.
You’re a well-rounded team ambassador: a master communicator, collaboration encourager, and not to mention a skilled artist. You understand the environment art process along with its (at times, many) technical and artistic constraints. You’re able to step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence.
What you’ll do as a Team Lead – Level Artist:
- Collaborate with other art leads and the art director to discuss and develop the game vision.
- Coordinate and motivate level artists as they integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress polished scenes.
- Organize and run regular team meetings to assign tasks, establish priorities, discuss progress, etc.
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards (poly count, memory, etc.).
- Review integrated work, ensuring it’s aligned with the artistic direction and makes sense gameplay-wise.
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to develop a consistent, quality visual style.
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry.
- Participate in recruitment to build and grow your level art team.
What to send our way:
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped;
- A portfolio of your best 3D work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio).
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 5 years of experience in level art, modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or other relevant experience (leadership an asset)
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques *
- Solid understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.
- Excellent mentorship, communication, organization, time management, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Flexibility and a whole lot of resourcefulness
- A highly collaborative, creative, and empathetic spirit
- A super sharp, trained eye for detail
- Knowledge of project management software (e.g. Jira) is nice to have
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Five weeks of vacation + one week office closure around the December holidays
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance (If Applicable)
- Bonus (If Applicable)
You can learn more about Life at Ubisoft here: https://toronto.ubisoft.com/life-at-ubisoft/
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+. Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
Please read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario