Team Lead (Support Programming) – Online Services
As a Support Programming Team Lead within Ubi MTL’s Online Services team, you’ll create a new team to extend our SRE Pipelines offering.
Together with existing support groups, your new team will support our products while working with a community of back-end and front-end developers who are responsible for building and maintaining web services, managing cloud infrastructure, and overseeing the monitoring tools necessary to keep the entire ecosystem afloat.
Sharing your technical know-how, you'll guide new members in their day-to-day support tasks. Plus, you'll occasionally be hands-on, performing support duties alongside your team members, all the while maintaining a keen understanding of the products at play.
With a holistic view of processes and procedures, you'll identify improvement opportunities and put long-lasting changes to keep things running smoothly for the long term.
About Online Services
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Online Services helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders (like video game production teams, partners, and other Online Serivces development teams).
- Assess technical problems encountered by developers and operators when using our CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure.
- Propose robust solutions and minimum-impact workarounds + ensure that we're addressing the right problems at the right time.
- Coach and guide a new team of support agents to share in the responsibilities for the new team.
- Make sure that integrators follow Harbour’s guidelines when using our products + identify improvement opportunities for our platform offering.
- Manage and prioritize a variety of support issues in tandem.
- Monitor team performance using KPIs.
- Collaborate with other Harbour support teams to provide a unified support process for our large online ecosystem.
What you bring
- Experience managing support teams (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of SRE and DevOps practices, RESTful APIs, Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, etc.), CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab, etc.), and Containerization and orchestration (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes and balance a range of tasks and obstacles in parallel
- A degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or related training)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills + the ability to break down complex information for various audiences
- A proactive approach to problem-solving: you can anticipate issues and come up with solutions to overcome them
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.