Ubisoft is natively data-driven: from the core of our games to our marketing actions, we’re leveraging data and algorithms.
Within our EMEA entity, to support the growth and maturity of our applied Data Science projects, we’re building a new Data & Machine Learning Engineering team.
The role of this team will be to tandem with the Data Science team, and build services, workflows and tools to lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable production-level implementation.
The team will be composed of Data Engineers, Software Engineers and ML Engineers. Its core missions will be:
· Design, implement and optimize pipelines (data ingestion, transfer or ML computation) into streamlined workflows that can run at scale.
· Optimize, refactor, or even rewrite all or part of the code made by Data Scientists into streamlined and optimized programs.
· Build data products (user facing applications or APIs).
· Implement the underlying infrastructure (in collaboration with IT teams) to allow for such performant applications and workflows.
· Always watch for emergent or successful tech stacks, libraries, frameworks, and test them in the spirit of continuous improvement.
To create and lead this team to success, we’re looking for a Tech Lead – Data & Machine Learning Engineering.
The position requires an entrepreneur mindset, the will to build things from the ground up, the ability to work independently in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment, the capacity to provide technical and analytical solutions based on business objectives, and explain them to non-technical audiences.
The position also involves working with a very wide range of technologies, and we don’t expect any candidate to master them all. Yet, not only you should be comfortable, but also willing to work with this variety. That being said, it is absolutely mandatory that you have significant experience in shipping Cloud Native or data intensive applications.
The list below is provided purely to illustrate the type of tools you will face, not as requirements.
· Databases, storages and warehousing: SQL (Teradata, SQL Server, Postgre), NoSQL (Hive, Mongo) or specialized (Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Graph, Druid, Redis)
· Back End, Processing and workflows: Airflow, Celery, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Kafka
· Frameworks or libraries: Spark, ML (Tensorflow, Keras, etc), NLP (DialogFlow, Luis, etc),
Position available immediately.
The position is based in Montreuil Sous Bois (Métro Porte de Montreuil - line 9, or St Mandé - line 1).