Technical Accounting Manager
Who We Are:
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
What You’ll Take On
- Research the impact of new or proposed accounting standards, interpretations or regulations from the FASB, AICPA, PCAOB, EITF, and SEC
- Assist with the preparation of periodic public financial filings for the SEC including forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and DEF 14A (Proxy Statement)
- Research business development technical accounting matters under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist with monitoring, interpreting, and implementing new accounting standards, as applicable.
- Assist with review of new contracts and assess the accounting implications based on existing accounting standards, interpretations or regulations.
- Draft timely, high-quality memos on key technical matters for submission to the independent auditor.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual accounting analyses over complex areas, such as valuations, stock compensation, and impairment considerations, including goodwill and indefinite-lived intangible assets.
- Advise Finance team on inquiries related to the application of accounting policies and other technical accounting matters, such as revenue recognition, leases, acquisitions, intangible assets.
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date library of accounting policies and procedures.
- Document accounting assessment of transaction through a monthly log and memo process.
- Prepare accounting analyses for one-time transactions (e.g., acquisitions, share-based payment arrangements), as they occur.
- Work with the external auditors and internal auditors/consultants to ensure timely resolution of outstanding matters.
- Work with Finance team to establish accounting processes for new projects as they begin.
- Assist with monthly close activities as necessary.
- Understand the technical accounting and valuation aspect of applying purchase accounting transactions
- Responsible for the integration of accounting and financial reporting operations including ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
- Ability to develop integration plan and milestones
- Coordinate with advisors on any regulatory filings
- Ability to work and coordinate with different business partners, including Finance, Tax, Legal, and Corporate Development team and providing advice on accounting related matters
- Work directly with consultants on valuation matters, including understanding underlying the forecasted cash flow analysis prepared supporting the valuation of the target entities, any underlying issues and resolution
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience; Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Must have technical accounting (GAAP), research and reporting skills
- Experience with SEC filings
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control concepts
- Skills required: analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of large, computerized accounting and reporting systems (i.e., Hyperion) and proficiency in MS office
- Knowledge of Workiva Wdesk preferred
- Ability to analyze complex information and formulate decisions/recommendations
- Work experience foundation that allows taking on additional responsibilities and upward movement potential in the organization
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between $105,000 and $135,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.