Technical Animator [Assassin's Creed Mirage] (F/H/NB)
We are looking for a Technical Animator, to join the Animation team working on Assassin's Creed Mirage.
- Develop and support to the highest quality: characters, facial, weapon, and specialized custom rigs in Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Work closely with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency for the animation team.
- Provide technical support for the tools, engine and animation teams.
- Communicate technical constraints and their rationales plus any other knowledge-sharing required.
- Integration of the character, cinematic, and other animation related assets into the game engine.
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry.
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (Art, Design, Code) to fulfill tasks according to production schedule and development needs.
- Be proactive in identifying issues and creating efficient solutions.
- Create and update state machines and blend trees
- Interact with the other departments to better know the game engine possibilities in order to get the best animations possible while respecting the technical constraints
- Excellent technical knowledge of the main 3D softwares – MotionBuilder is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Human Anatomy
- Good ability to teach and mentor
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Good capacity to communicate verbally as well as written.
- Be adaptable, approachable and positive in the workplace
- Mathematical and logical mindset
- Familiarity with geometric and numerical algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of C++ (be able to read and understand engine source code)
- A passion for Videogame development
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
· Phone Interview with a recruiter
· Interview with our internal teams
· Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.