- Develop and support to the highest quality: characters, facial, weapon, and specialized custom rigs in Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Work closely with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency for the animation team.
- Provide technical support for the tools, engine and animation teams.
- Communicate technical constraints and their rationales plus any other knowledge-sharing required.
- Integration of the character, cinematic, and other animation related assets into the game engine.
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry.
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (Art, Design, Code) to fulfill tasks according to production schedule and development needs.
- Be proactive in identifying issues and creating efficient solutions.
- Create and update state machines and blend trees
- Interact with the other departments to better know the game engine possibilities in order to get the best animations possible while respecting the technical constraints
- 5-8 years professional experience in a similar position, previous experience in programming a major plus.
- Experience in AAA games
- Excellent technical knowledge of the main 3D softwares – MotionBuilder a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Human Anatomy
- Good ability to teach and mentor.
- Ability to write technical documentation.
- Good capacity to communicate verbally as well as written.
- Be adaptable, approachable and positive in the workplace.
- Mathematical and logical mindset
- Familiarity with geometric and numerical algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of C++ (be able to read and understand engine source code)
- A passion for Videogame development.
We are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.