Technical Animator / Rigger (Upskilling for Games)
We have created a multi-month program designed for anyone in VFX, Mobile, or Feature Animation industry can join Ubisoft and work on our biggest games.
At Ubi, we believe that the innovative games of the future depend on a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives.
Do you consider yourself a gamer at heart? Is a Character Rigger or Technical Artist career something you would be interested in pursuing?
Join us and develop skills like:
- Scripting to streamline GameDev pipeline (Python, MEL, or other languages).
- Animation Graphs, Blend Trees, Sequencer, State Machines implementation.
- Procedural solutions (Houdini, Substance, Retargeting, Ragdoll, Lip-sync, ...).
- Game development with Animation, Mocap & our 3D Engine tools.
What you'll do
A Technical Artist duty will include defining and influencing the animation pipeline, building character rigs, generating tools, and addressing any other pertinent technical requirements.
To maximize productivity and game quality, the technical artists will function as a liaison between the modellers, animators, and artists. They will also act as an interpreter and problem-solver.
Working with the technical director, you make sure that assets can be rendered on schedule utilizing the best possible tools, process, and pipelines, without sacrificing the game’s vision.
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency.
- Support pipelines, including Mocap, facial rig and other animation solutions.
- Build body and face rigs, skinning, and secondary motion setups for 3D assets.
- Collaborate with modelers to suit the animation and the art director’s vision.
What you bring to the team
- Minimum of 3 years as a Character Rigger, Technical Animator, or similar.
- Rigged at least one complex character or object (with a video link).
- Demonstrate skills creating motion controls, complex deformation, and skinning.
Favourable Experience/ Bonus Points (Not required for the position)
- Experience with facial animation and face animation package.
- Experience with a game engine (e.g., Unity, Unreal, or proprietary tech).
- Advance knowledge of character modelling, unwrapping, and texturing.
What to send our way
*Please note that only applications with a portfolio will be considered*
- Demo Reel showing ANY technical work (e.g., rigging, tools, engine setup ...).
- Can also share a 3D File of your work (Maya, Blender, 3d max…).
- Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.