As a technical architect at Ubisoft Montreal, you will build and maintain a technology ecosystem that facilitates the work of production teams so that they can invest their time and talent in what counts most: content creation.
Through evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and decisions, you will build a solid technology structure that will not only maximize the project’s production capacity, but, thanks to your in-depth knowledge of the code for the chosen machine and your strong reactivity, will also stand the test of time and keep up with the rapidly evolving video game industry.
As a key resource person for all things “development”, you will ensure that teams are aligned so that their work is on track with the set technological direction, and you will share your perspective and expertise with your colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Define the technology vision for the project and lead the design of new gear, or features and tools, when the current assets no longer measure up.
- Identify and ensure the feasibility of improvements to the equipment and tools required for the success of the project.
- Ensure consistency, efficiency, scalability, modularity, and compatibility of the features developed by the team.
- Be a reference in the analysis and resolution of technical problems.
- In collaboration with technical management, communicate the technical limitations of the equipment, tools, or systems to production to inform them of their options and the best practices associated with them.
- Define the measures to be implemented to ensure optimal performance.
- Equip project teams (graphics, design, animation, etc.) to produce content within the defined technical framework
- Evaluate existing internal and external engines and tools to determine their respective strengths and weaknesses and recommend the most appropriate ones based on objectives and expectations.
- Anticipate technological advances and challenges brought about by new equipment (such as consoles) and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Create reference materials on the engine and tools to contribute to reusing, sharing and collaboration at Ubisoft.
What you bring
- Around 8 years of programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of hardware & video game tools, consoles, and tech
- Developed analytical and synthesis skills
- The ability to resolve complex issues
- Resourcefulness + attention to detail
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative spirit and a results-oriented focus
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.