Technical Art Director - EA SPORTS™ FC 3D Art
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As part of our EA SPORTS™ FC studio, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
The Technical Art Director is a lead position within the Technical Art team. As a TAD, your mission is to direct, define, design and implement efficient, high-quality content production workflows, technologies, and visuals for our EA SPORTS™ FC Art team. As a contributor, you are an expert in the technical art field, with main responsibilities including content production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization, visual scripting/logic ("schematics") and shader development.
Technical Art Directors are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on our EA SPORTS™ FC team and bring them to resolution. This will include delegation to, and empowerment of, senior, intermediate, and junior Technical Art staff on the team. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. The Technical Art Director reports to our Senior Technical Art Director.
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- Experience leading teams of 5+ people.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages. Maya and Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- A solutions-provider, especially as it pertains to developing techniques to meet quality targets within technical constraints.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!