Technical Art Generalist - Contract
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll collect art assets from our outsourcers and set them up to render appropriately in our game engine.
- Adjust the Maya scenes (e.g. UVs, LODs) as needed.
- Perform integration based on the check sheet/worksheet created beforehand.
- Focus on improving the assets to improve their artistic value in game.
- Working directly in the graph editor in our game engine.
- Adjusting the textures and materials we receive from outsourcing to make them work correctly with our engine and shaders.
- Assure assets are of the highest technical quality.
- Collaborate with the Art Leads to deliver the art vision within the project requirements.
- Remain informed of new technical and technological developments to be able to apply these developments on the project whenever relevant and share project developments with peers.
- Drive optimization and debugging to fix issues raised.
- Develop or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 2+ years experience in video game production or equivalent
- Portfolio showing 3D art and composition skills, demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in lighting, colors and art composition
- Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain)
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to maintaining high standards of work
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of Maya/3ds Max, Houdini, Substance Designer, Painter, Python, MEL, MAXScript is a plus
- Knowledge of a programming language (C++, C# etc.) is a plus
- Solid technical background with an artistic sense in lighting, colors and art composition
- Previous experience with getting game assets into engine
Contract rate is $40-50 per hour for 40 hrs a week.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters