The Technical Artist acts a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Work with modelers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
- 2−3 years of experience as a Modeler, SFX Artist in game industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to work with technical documentation;
Would be a plus:
- Experienced developing custom tools for Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, Max, etc.)
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, MaxScript, Perl, C#, etc.)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. 3DsMax) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine).
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
What we offer:
- International AAA game projects;
- Access to cutting-edge hardware;
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines;
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues;
- Opportunity to travel abroad to meet your colleagues from other studios or to participate in international conferences;
- Medical / Life insurance;
- English / French courses.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.