Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
LED BY DEAD SPACE AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE VETERAN GLEN SCHOFIELD, the development team at Striking Distance Studios is hard at work on its first game, The Callisto Protocol, a single player and story-driven survival horror game set in a prison colony on Jupiter’s moon Callisto. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Design, document, and tune combat mechanics, controls, and systems.
- Work with Leads, Systems Designers and Engineers to create compelling combat mechanics.
- Collaborate with team to ensure highest level of quality and to guarantee visibility and alignment
- Fully document design for Engineers, Prop Artists, and Animators. Creatively solve system conflicts and troubleshoot technical limitations
- Balance and tune combat to ensure the highest level of player engagement.
- Communicate with Production to ensure all deadlines are met
- A minimum of 3+ years AAA design.
- A strong understanding of design principles and combat design.
- Experience working in modern game engines (UE4 preferred, not required)
- A passion and hunger to make the best games.