Technical Artist, Capture
Technical Artist, Capture
EA Worldwide Studios Content, Create Capture is seeking a talented Technical Artist to join our dynamic Vancouver team. As a Technical Artist, you will be at the forefront of bridging the gap between art and technology, utilizing your expertise to create immersive and visually stunning experiences. Collaborating closely with artists, designers, and programmers, you will have a vital role in implementing cutting-edge visuals, optimizing performance, and tackling complex technical challenges. This is an exciting opportunity to push boundaries, thrive in a collaborative environment, and contribute to the future of interactive entertainment.
In this role, your experience with real-time animation streaming and strong understanding of the entertainment production workflow will be instrumental. Your work will span multiple areas of our game development pipeline, including Motion and Facial Capture, Virtual Cinematography, Tech Art, Rigging, Character Art, and Animation. Your proficiency with image-based 3D character scanning and familiarity with leading game engines such as Frostbite, Unity, and Unreal will empower you to create and adapt custom toolsets and pipelines, ensuring the highest standards of data quality. You will proactively tackle challenges that arise during recording sessions, while also maintaining and advancing our motion capture and scanning pipelines. By implementing new capabilities, refining processes, and optimizing pipeline efficiency, you will contribute to the seamless realization of our Technical Director's vision.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment and have a strong technical foundation, we invite you to join our team. Together, we will create extraordinary interactive experiences that captivate players worldwide.
- Assist in the technical maintenance of the motion capture equipment, ensuring optimal performance and accuracy during recording sessions.
- Support motion capture specialists within Create Capture to troubleshoot and resolve technical motion capture issues, including associated proprietary toolsets.
- Support and resolve database discrepancies to ensure integrity of data entry records; identify and repair issues with database entities that may prevent automated processing systems from their function.
- Assist troubleshooting efforts with technical scanning system issues.
- Represent a technical opinion and provide technical insight while attending meetings with other Subject Matter Experts within Create Capture.
- Develop and maintain documentation for technical processes, workflows, and standards related to motion capture, ensuring consistency and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Collaborate with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to develop and implement custom scripts, tools, and technical solutions in alignment with the Technical development vision and project requirements.
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies in motion capture, bringing new ideas and approaches to the team to improve the quality and efficiency of motion capture processes.
- Provide training and support to other team members on motion capture hardware, software, and workflows, ensuring the team is equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Collaborate with the team to identify areas of improvement in the motion capture pipeline and contribute to the development and implementation of solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the motion capture specialists and animation teams that process and clean motion capture assets, to ensure pipeline and tool sets maintain data integrity and adherence to quality standards.
- A passionate professional that thrives at the intersection between art and technology.
- Experience in the entertainment motion capture industry, working hands-on with data acquisition and processing.
- Experience working with industry standard motion capture applications (Vicon, Motion Analysis, XSens, Volumetric Capture) and digital content creation (Autodesk Maya and MotionBuilder)
- Experience working with motion capture setups, helmet mounted cameras, video witness and / or virtual cameras.
- Experience with record keeping database systems (Shotgrid, MySQL, Cadet, Perforce). ● Entertainment production scripting experience, using interpreted scripting languages (Python, Mel, HSL, etc.).
- Experience with game engines using its visual scripting Blueprint system: Unity, Unreal, Frostbite etc.