Technical Artist (Cinematics) - Ridgeline Games
Technical Artist (Cinematics) - Ridgeline Games Studio
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: Reporting to the Lead Technical Artist you are the bridge between our content creators and our game technology. You will push the visual quality through creative solutions that improve our pipelines, in engine and performance profiling.
- You will work with artists and engineers to pinpoint game performance and memory usage issues
- Brainstorm, R&D, and implement different project pipelines and toolsets
- Improve game textures for PBR correctness
- Support content creation when needed
- Diagnose problems related to content creation and support the art team
- Work with artists to solve technical problems with existing tools
- 3+ years experience delivering high-quality visuals while following memory and performance targets in the video game industry
- Knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Experience with procedural content creation software like Houdini, Substance Suite
- Experience with physically based rendering
- Experience with common scripting languages like Python and C#
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.