Technical Artist - Formula 1
Codemasters has a long-standing reputation as one of the premier game developers in the industry. As a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, and so much more, we believe that amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse and engaged as the players and communities we serve.
When it comes to our F1® franchise, our passionate team brings players closer to the action than ever before. Each iteration innovates to bring players new experiences, letting them live their dream of lining up alongside their heroes from the worlds of F1® and F2™.
Our Birmingham studio, set in the heart of the city, has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Artist. The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows. Located either on site in our Birmingham, UK office, or from a remote position, you will be reporting to the Technical Art Director, where you will help shape the future of the Technical Art team within Formula One.
- Work with the Technical Art Director to develop new visual features to push the F1 games forward and help to design the pipelines and processes needed to make these features production ready
- Help with the design and implementation of digital content creation tools focusing on 3ds Max, but also Substance Painter, Houdini, in-house tools and others.
- Work with the art teams to create in-engine and 3DS Max shaders using HLSL.
- Assist the art teams with bug fixing and performance optimisation.
- Your success will be measured by ensuring our content creators can maintain our high visual quality and performance bar, while hitting our annual street dates.
Here's what you will need:
- Experience with a digital content creation package such as 3ds MAX or Maya
- Scripting ability with Python or MAXScript
- Familiarity with writing shaders using HLSL or GLSL
- Working knowledge of C++ or C#
- Experience of at least 1 game development cycle and able to demonstrate skills in previously released titles
- Knowledge of best practices in game content creation
- Familiarity of a commercial game engine
- Familiarity with Houdini procedural modelling