Technical Artist Intern
- Work closely with the Artists, Leads, TAs, and QAs on the following:
- Adhering to the technical and graphical requirements of the pipeline
- Validation of art assets
- Liaise with the Leads and Production on communicating pipeline updates, technical issues, and bottlenecks
- Provide technical support by recognizing, troubleshooting, and finding appropriate solutions to the technical problems encountered by the team
- Aid in authoring tools that will improve the pipeline
- Must be enrolled and internship must be recognized by the local School or University
- Passion for both the tech and art aspects of game development
- Good Art foundation (form, shape, silhouette)
- Functional knowledge of 3DS Max (modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation)
- Experience in using art packages such as Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter
- Basic understanding of the video game development processes and techniques (current gen)
- Good understanding of rendering budgets and other technical issues related to performance in real-time engines
- Able to work under pressure, learn new skills, and develop a good relationship between the team
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Creative at finding solutions
- Adheres to project guidelines, milestones, and deadlines
- Preferred internship duration: must be able to commit 6 months of full-time and onsite internship
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.