Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studios!
Job Title: Technical Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Ubisoft India Studio is seeking an experienced Technical Artist for the development of a new title! As the Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for research, innovation and giving technical support to team members to guide and assist them in the best practices possible to ensure highest technical quality of asset production.
- Research, define, improve, and maintain artist pipelines, automated tools and workflows.
- Be familiar with the game design documents to be able to determine the technical needs of the project.
- Produce documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation.
- Create, organize, and lead training sessions so that all members of the artist can properly use the tools and methods.
- Coordinate and act as a contact between the artist and the programmer.
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their reasons to the team.
- Provide technical support for tools and engine interface to team member of the graphics team.
- Participate in art asset reviews to help identify technical concerns or risks
- Work closely with the Art team to deliver the benchmark assets as per project requirements
- Able to work on optimization, handling performance issue and debugging task for good asset management
- Develop or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists
- Take responsibilities of onboarding for newcomers
- Test new tools before deployment into production
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in computer-generated art
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques & 3D math (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.)
- Must have knowledge about game engines like Unity 3D, Unreal Engine
- Intimate knowledge of 3Ds Max/Maya and computer graphics software
- Proficient scripting/programming experience with MaxScript, Python, PyQT/PySide
- Good understanding of art design and of their complexity (LODs, Optimization, Validation)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and extensible code with attention to reusability and good to have knowledge of C# or other programming language
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Must have Industry experience working on or shipping AAA titles, HD video games
Nice to have:
- Experience with DCC application management
- Knowledge about optimization for consoles
- Experience with perforce, JIRA and other data management software
- Good understanding of modern lighting and rendering techniques
- Knowledge or experience in procedural asset creation like Houdini, Substance
- Knowledge or experience with animation tools like MotionBuilder
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.