Technical Artist - NHL 3D Art
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for millions of players worldwide. We’ve pioneered award-winning creative technology and experiences to connect players to the speed, skill, and heart of the NHL. The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of diverse talent dedicated to creating on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this will be more than a job. It’ll be what you love.
As part of our NHL, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
The Technical Artist (TA) develops pipelines, workflows, and technology innovations used by content creators from our NHL team. Reporting to our Technical Art Director, they partner with development teams to build shared and scalable solutions. The main areas of responsibilities include development of content production tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and workflows. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their projects and bring them to resolution.
You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
- At least 3+ years of cinematic/games production experience.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#. (C++ is a bonus but is not required).
- Experience with 2D/3D art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Houdini.
- A solutions-provider, especially as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!