Feb 04, 2023
Job Title: Technical Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Ubisoft India Studio is seeking an experienced Technical Artist for the development of a new title! As the Technical Artist, you will be responsible for research, innovation and giving technical support to team members to guide and assist them in the best practices possible to ensure highest technical quality of asset production.
- Research, define, improve, and maintain artist pipelines, Automated tools, and workflows.
- Be familiar with the game design documents to determine the project’s technical needs.
- Produce documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation.
- Create, organize, and lead training sessions so that all members of the artist can properly use the tools and methods.
- Coordinate and act as a contact between the artist and the programmer.
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their reasons to the team.
- Provide technical support for tools and engine interface to team members of the graphics team.
- Participate in art asset reviews to help identify technical concerns or risks
- Work closely with the Art team to deliver the benchmark assets as per project requirements
- Able to work on optimization and debugging tasks for good asset management
- Develop or find the best tools and methods possible for improving and facilitating the work of the artists
- Test new tools before deployment into production
The professional value you bring:
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in computer-generated art
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini
- Excellent knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement etc.)
- Must have knowledge about game engines like Unity 3D, Unreal Engine
- Intimate knowledge of 3Ds Max/Maya and computer graphics software
- Knowledge about scripting/programming like MaxScript, Python, PyQT/PySide
- Good understanding of art design and of its complexity (LODs, Optimization, Validation)
- Excellent spoken and written communication
Nice to have:
- Industry experience working on or shipping AAA titles
- Experience with DCC application management
- Knowledge about optimization for consoles
- Experience with perforce, JIRA and other data management software
- Good understanding of modern lighting and rendering techniques
- Knowledge or experience in procedural asset creation like Houdini, Substance
- Knowledge or experience with animation tools like MotionBuilder
The personal value you bring:
- Positive influence and leadership skills
- Good organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture
- Strong technical skills and ability to write technical documentation
- Self-motivated and agile
870 available jobs