As Technical Artist, you will act as the bridge between the artists and programmers, art and engine, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. You’ll support the content production art teams in achieving top-quality results within the context of the project.
- Work closely with the Technical Directors and programming team to help implement technical art features and new technologies in the project
- Implement optimizations and monitor the performance of the game
- Identify and implement art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing
- Create technical benchmarks to be used in production
- Implement technical art features with the help of the programming team
- Offer technical support to the art team in day-by-day production issues
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Share best practices and new tools
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jam
You have an eye for quality and a true focus on how we can advance the overall and immersive feel of our game through next-level tools, workflows, and pipelines. You know a game is a team endeavor, and enjoy collaborating with your team members. Besides the above, we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art), ideally in the video game industry
- Experience in Houdini
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)
- Ability to create technical documentation
- The following would be a bonus:
- Experience with game editors and engines
- Experience in any of the following: Shading, scripting, lighting, rendering and post-effects, special FX, rigging and animation, physics simulations, or procedural content generation
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
What to send our way
- Your resume, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Sheena. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more.
This role is based in our Winnipeg studio, with the opportunity for hybrid or full work from home within Manitoba.