Technical Artist/Rigger - (hybrid)
Job Title:Technical Artist/Rigger - (hybrid)
Technical Artist/Rigger - (hybrid)
Toys for Bob is a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years. Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
Portfolio: Portfolios are reviewed before resumes. Please be sure to provide an open portfolio link in your application. The portfolio will be reviewed for only this job. You may have a perfect portfolio for another position at our company, but the portfolio that is reviewed for this position must reflect this job specifically and the games that this studio makes. The recruiter cannot move applicants from one job pool to another. If you know you're an absolute pro, and your application was declined, please try again with a position that more closely aligns with exactly what is shown in your portfolio. Thanks!
Submit a portfolio link in your application that shows game rigging and including rigging of human and other bipedal characters. Beautiful portfolios that only show rigging for films will likely not make it to interview.
As a Technical Artist/Rigger, you will support the Animation Team. Your role will include creating rigs for new characters, painting weights, and finding creative solutions to ensure the range of both realistic and cartoon motion various projects require. Attention to detail, consistency, and speed of execution will really make you stand out.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of our gameplay and tools systems
- Develop, modify, and debug software in script and C/C++
- Deploy, optimize, and test software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process
- Experience with Maya/3DS Max/Blender (we use Maya)
- Ability to methodically isolate problems for troubleshooting
- Strong familiarity of asset pipelines from asset creation to in-engine setup
- Highly organized
- Able to clearly document process for reliable, repeatable results
- Ability to write custom scripts and tools in Maya
- Familiar with engine-side implementation (like UE4’s animation blueprints)
- Familiar with real-time solutions like in-game IK, cloth, procedural animation
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.