« Are you looking for a position where you get to drive the technical ambition for what is possible in games? Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of creating the unknown!!»
We are looking for a Technical Audio Director for an ambitious unannounced game here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Technical Audio Director you will use your technical and creative skills to marry the creative visions of the Audio and Music Directors with the technical vision of other Technical Directors.
Equally important is to make sure the audio team is supported with the necessary tools and pipelines to reach AAA audio quality and realization in line with the creative visions.
Also, as part of multidisciplinary teams, you will be the reference for audio tech for team members of many different disciplines, and will assist, support and advise colleagues whenever necessary.
We know you're passionate about games, and for us it's important that you get to thrive and succeed in a creative environment. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams that make decisions independently and have the freedom to try out new things and show why they work. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke holes in things, navigate through known pitfalls when required to and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role you will...
- Architect authoring, distribution and debugging of audio in a totally re-imagined game engine.
- Enable emergent audio authored from statistical analysis.
- Improve spatiality of audio when possible.
- Identify further technical audio needs for the project.
- Maintain the audio project structure ensuring that the audio workflow, system resources, filename conventions and audio quality is consistent.
- Further participate in creating and designing audio systems for physics, music, dialogue, acoustics, navigation, weapons, vehicles, etc.
- Produce and maintain documentation about systems, techniques, and best practices for other team members.
- Be the technical point of contact for all technical audio issues.
We would love if you have...
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in audio production and implementation for video games or equivalent experience.
- Solid C++ programming knowledge.
- Shipped a minimum of one AAA game as part of a production team.
- Extensive knowledge of audio engines and middleware such as Wwise, Fmod, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of audio pipelines for game engines, including resource management and debugging.
- Experience in implementing spatial audio systems and knowledge of acoustics and psychoacoustics.
- Knowledge of visual scripting and node-based scripting interface.
- Experience of working with distributed systems.
- Knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound forge).
- Experience designing/creating tools.
- Previously worked in an international environment and can express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours