Technical Content Artist: Props
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for passion-driven Technical Content Artists to create 3D models and work alongside various art teams. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- The Content Art Team handle various tasks depending on the timing of the development cycle.
- We focus on the parts of the art development pipeline that enable great looking art to perform well in a game engine.
- We create various levels of detail (LOD) using 3DS max.
- We create various types of collision for all environment assets using 3DS max.
- We maintain the integrity and consistency of all art files.
- We optimize environment art assets.
- We fix various types of art asset bugs.
- Process 3D assets through the game pipeline.
- Create 3D art pipeline assets (LODs, collision, lighting etc.).
- Optimise art assets to improve performance (Occlusion, streaming, memory etc.).
- Fix bugs.
- Provide general art assistance for the full environment art team.
- Education / certificate course in 3D art production.
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max and Photoshop.
- Ability to grasp new tools, programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Game development experience.
- A passion for video games.
- Basic knowledge of game pipelines.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.