EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey and EA SPORTS UFC.
PGA Tour is looking for the next great Technical Artist specialized in combining creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows.
- Develop tools in Python and C# under supervision of the Technical Art Director
- Work alongside peers on the Technical Art team and with Technical Art Director to support game workflows, provide & receive feedback, innovate and cultivate ideas with the goal of creating performant assets of high visual quality and technologies that move EA into the future.
- Collaborate and communicate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, seeking to understand issues and/or requirements and offer support (via time, training, documentation, or other forms) as necessary.
- Assess, design, implement, and maintain art creation pipelines/workflows that meet (or anticipate) artist needs and effectively drive productivity for content creators across multiple sports titles.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuously learning and familiarizing oneself with various technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems.
- Approach tasks in a timely, organized, and meticulous manner, self-prioritizing as required and communicating status and results to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Experience in a game production environment.
- Professional programming experience in Python (C# desired, WPF and Maya API a plus).
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired, Houdini a plus)
- Intermediate understanding of (and technical proficiency in) fundamental 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, shading, lighting, rigging, skinning, dynamics, particle systems, and image manipulation techniques.
- Familiarity with game engine workflows, asset requirements, performance budgets and profiling, build systems, asset conditioning/export pipelines, and revision control systems.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills. Candidates must be able to quickly identify and resolve art issues and demonstrate versatility.
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio or attaching documents to your resume. Include detailed breakdowns of your work and be clear about which elements you personally created.
Please include as many examples of the following as you can:
- Tools and pipeline work. Provide script and code samples. For example: exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of screenshots. Include any relevant code.
- Examples of 3D graphics in areas such as modeling, animation, lighting, visual effects, and shading.
- Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.