As a Technical Designer, you’ll create and implement complex, technical, and systemic design elements in a game.
You’re essentially a game or level designer recognized for your technical skills on a design or multidisciplinary production team.
A technical reference within your team, you’ll help, support, and advise your peers as needed. You may also be called upon to become the project's technical expert on a specific element of the game.
What you’ll do
- Create and implement the technical elements of a game feature with technical directors, programmers, and colleagues from other job families.
- Act as a technical expert on a specific topic + oversee tools and documentation, provide technical assistance and define and promote best practices.
- Participate in data optimization and validation, taking budget into account and ensuring that technical standards are respected.
- Participate in the advanced debugging of data throughout production.
- Provide regular feedback to design directors (e.g. suggestions for improving tools and methods, etc.).
- Help test new features and tools before their launch.
- Perform production tasks within the game and level design team + prototype gameplay features.
- Design and implement more complex, abstract, technically challenging, or game-wide design elements in the game.
What you bring
- Experience in game or level design (with a technical focus)
- The ability to understand and communicate in technical language & clearly express your ideas (both on paper and in person)
- Flexibility + solid analysis and problem-solving skills
- A user-oriented spirit
- Curiosity: you have a passion for understanding how things work
- Experience with various game engines and platforms (nice to have)
- Experience with a range of 2D/3D design software programs (nice to have)
- Experience in programming/scripting (nice to have)
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Charlotte.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.