You will join the production of a AAA midcore mobile game based on a top notch Ubisoft IP and will be responsible for the project's technical feasibility, lead times and performance. In this capacity, you will help and challenge the production team's various units to architecture the project, find solutions to optimally implement game mechanics, and define and maintain a production pipeline.
You will work in close collaboration with the Producer and the various Leads to define the technical specifications of games in development, assess the difficulty of tasks at hand, and bring team members together around a strong ambition.
To this end your main tasks will be to:
- Act as the team's technical consultant by demonstrating genuine expertise on key issues and supervising their operational aspects: optimizing the code's architecture and quality, reviewing the implementation of features, offering advice on the requisite tools, etc.
- Define the team's requirements and technical constraints with a view to realizing the creative vision.
- Guarantee that the game is delivered on time with the expected level of quality and craftsmanship on all the target platforms.
- Help to schedule the work together with the Producer in line with the scope of each task in order to strike a balance between the quality required and the delivery capability (lead times, costs, resources, etc.).
- Define the budgets (CPU/GPU) on the target platforms for each feature, and review their implementation to anticipate difficulties and guarantee performance.
- Actively participate in project debugging and polishing up to reach the highest standards expected by our players.
- Assert yourself as the studio's technical contact for Mobile HQ, the group's studios and other Ubisoft entities.
- Constantly stay informed of the industry's best practices and be on the alert for the latest technologies.
- Get involved in the technical teams' development, by sourcing and recruiting the best talents, and supporting the development of existing programmers.
To succeed in this role :
- You have at least 6 years' experience as a Programmer in the video games sphere, and have already had a chance to ship a mobile, PC or console project.
- You are familiar with issues relating to optimization and architecture, and benefit from knowledge of the Unity engine.
- You have a fondness for video games, especially mobile games.
- You are meticulous and teamwork-oriented.