The Technical Director for the User Interface (TD UI) team will ensure the quality of the technical content produced by the UI and Presentation team. The incumbent must optimize team productivity through pipeline processes by taking online user needs into account. The TD UI will carry out his tasks by adequately determining project needs, implementing effective tools and methods to maximize data integration in the game engine and provide technical support for the Presentation and UI team. He/she will also work with the Narrative, Realization and Cinematics team, senior management, and product directors to ensure technical quality and consistency of the established vision.
- Elaborate and supplement on the direction set by the Presentation Director in conjunction with Art and Narrative vision
- Work with other relevant TDs to put in place and document the technical production pipeline for Presentation team (UI, UX)
- Test the new tools before deployment into production
- Create, organize and lead training sessions for the Presentation team members on the tools and techniques chosen and follow through that they are being used throughout project
- Coordinate and act as an intermediary between his / her Presentation team and the Tools Programming team
- Document the technical innovations according to his / her expertise to produce the desired effects of the project and to improve quality
- Test and confirm that the intended techniques are possible with the tools chosen, and validate the quality of the products with the Presentation Director
- Produce a technical reference and / or technical constraints document, keep it updated and communicate it
- Communicate regularly the technical constraints and the reason to the team
- Assure the homogeneity of the technical quality throughout the game, particularly in the production and development of Presentation content
- Provide constant support to the Presentation team in terms of the production software of the engines used
- Evaluate maps on the technical plan
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ involvement in Presentation, Realization Direction or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different industry standard.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D graphic software (3DSMax/Maya/Zbrush and Photoshop )
- Knowledge of visual editing software (Vegas Movie Studio, Flash, Visual)
- Knowledge of Real time FX
- Knowledge of visual effects software (After effects)
- Positive influence and leadership
- Open-mindedness and ability to obtain a consensus in creative environment
- Good communication skills
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture
- Strong technical skills and ability to write technical documentations
- Self-motivated and agile
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!