Technical Documentation Manager
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This opportunity is for a Technical Documentation Manager who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The candidate should be a dynamic, innovative individual with a solid knowledge of documentation design and delivery best practices. Must have demonstrated success in both project management and team management.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate a track record of success, strength, and aptitude relevant to the following areas:
- Lead a mid-sized team of technical writers with a range of experience levels, across multiple locations
- Successfully manage multiple projects through shifting priorities and deadlines
- Effectively support individual development and growth of direct reports
- Direct and support a collaborative, high-functioning team
- Demonstrate effective coaching skills to achieve successful outcomes
- Demonstrate timely decision making and problem solving
- Exert influence among higher-level doc stakeholders and co-workers to develop and implement documentation and content strategies
- Effective negotiator; able to grasp impact and importance of stakeholder engagement and partnership to achieve desired outcomes
- Identify and address opportunities to improve departmental processes and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to write to effective technical writing standards
- Take a leading role in designing user-focused content and content delivery options
- Understand and promote usability and product goals
- Promote cross-team collaboration and engagement among global authors and their managers
- BA in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or related field – OR -- university-issued credential in Professional and Technical Communication
Years of Experience
- Two to five years of high-level project management
- Two to five years of people management
- Eight or more years of experience in technical documentation; including supporting a major product, product suite, or technology
- Experience with structured authoring/DITA adoption and implementation preferred
- Experience setting and achieving individual and organizational goals
- Experience defining and implementing strategic solutions
- Experience managing a team’s work utilizing collaborative platforms (e.g. Confluence, Jira)
Requisition Number: 153960
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Ottawa
Job Function:Other Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.