Technical Game Designer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at Respawn.com/studio.
Apex Legends is looking for a Technical Game Designer to help shape the future of our multiplayer experience at our growing Madison Wisconsin location. You will prototype and implement game mechanics and systems from concept through to release.
Reporting to a Design Director you will:
- Work with designers, engineers and other creatives to develop the vision and innovate on compelling gameplay systems.
- Implement and drive gameplay systems and/or modes from concept to ship quality.
- Align and collaborate with multiple disciplines to drive and communicate the vision of gameplay features.
- Ensure a high-quality release by bug fixing, balancing, and creating a fun gameplay experience.
- Pitch idea, provide feedback and rapid iteration with the team to find the fun and make Apex the best it can be!
- 3+ years of industry experience as a tech designer.
- Passion for crafting gameplay systems, mechanics and gamemodes.
- Familiarity with the Battle Royale genre.
- Expertise in comprehending the game design process, specifically with game mechanics and design theory.
Nice to have:
- Experience with content-driven game engines (Unreal, Frostbite, Unity, GtkRadiant).
- Ability to read and understand C++
- Experience developing and in a multiplayer live service environment.