Technical Instructor C++ – Ubisoft Montréal
As a technical instructor in the Warm-Up project, you will be responsible for developing a new training program on our in-house technologies that will span a few months. As a technical specialist in programming languages, you will create training programs that are tailored to the needs of our game production.
During this intensive training, you will onboard a cohort of junior, intermediate, and senior programmers to the production teams. Together with specialists from these teams, you will define a strategic vision that addresses all their training needs, whether it be in terms of the studio’s in-house tools and technologies or the general environment at Ubisoft Montréal.
With your technical and organizational expertise, you will enhance and customize professional development at Ubisoft Montréal, where the programming methods and technologies are constantly evolving.
What you’ll do
- Understand the training needs with regard to the Warm-Up programs and the in-house tools used at the studio.
- Play an active role in creating and developing training activities.
- Organize and conduct customized training programs in collaboration with the projects involved.
- Ensure that the Ubisoft staff fully assimilates the training.
- Coach the studio teams and help them learn the subjects and languages in which you specialize.
- Recommend medium- and long-term visions for future training activities based on project needs.
- Suggest a direction for training programs that provides professional development for employees based on the needs of the projects.
- Contribute to the processes and mechanisms that ensure the transfer of technology and best development practices between projects.
- Document your work for future reference and sharing purposes.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science (or the equivalent technical training)
- A minimum of five years of experience in training (in the video game industry (an asset)
- The ability to apply the principles of teaching, while ensuring that the participant is at the heart of your training
- Oral and written communication skills, coupled with presentation skills
- Teamwork that fosters collaboration and shared advice
- Good flexibility tactics fuelled by a fast learning curve
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C# programming languages
- Knowledge of common programming languages: Python, WPF, SQL, etc. (an asset)
- Expertise in video game development software (an asset)
- Knowledge of editors and video game tools (an asset)
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Laurence. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.