Technical Interface Designer
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining artistic experience with programming and scripting. As a TID you will be part of the art team and work with project managers, programmers and other technical designers, reporting to your TID Lead and Broadcast Development Director.
- Recreation of authentic broadcast and in game overlays to match styles.
- Tweening and timeline based animations and effects.
- UI animations and effects creation using proprietary game engine.
- Apply proper art optimization techniques on in-game assets.
- Build tools and pipelines to improve art and animation workflow.
- You are expected to quickly identify and debug issues.
- We collaborate with engineering and art, explaining both the art team needs and the tech constraints.
- You will document tools on the internal Wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
- Technical skills, and open to learn new proprietary production tools and workflow.
- Adept in ActionScript 2/3 and C++ or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Familiar with scripting languages like Python.
- Proficient in Adobe Flash/Animate, Photoshop, and other graphics and animation applications.
- 1+ years of experience creating 3D motion graphics, or interfaces with game engines such as Unreal.
- Visual animation and programming.
- Understanding of user experience principles.
- Understanding of revision version control software. Perforce knowledge is ideal.
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject desired (e.g. BSc Computer Science or Game Programming, Game Art and Design Diploma).