Technical Lead - Gameplay
As a Technical Lead at Ubi Sherbrooke, you’re an established leader, an expert in your field, who relies on past learnings to guide decisions in the present and proactively plan for the future.
You steer a team of programmers towards a technical vision, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints to turn it into reality.
With a responsibility to help your team of programmers develop their skills, you coach and mentor them, empowering them to innovate and perform at their best.
Thanks to your expertise, credibility, and reliability, not only can developers on your project turn to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Define the technical vision within your area of specialization (e.g. gameplay, animation, UI, physics, AI, 3D, engine, etc.) + plan its technical roadmap.
- Regularly meet with your programming team to discuss progress; tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues; etc.
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Write elegant code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations.
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Sync up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward.
- Communicate with interdependent teams on other projects to exchange information.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- A deep understanding of a variety of game engines, systems, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues
- The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again
- Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team.
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.