Technical Narrative Designer [Black Budget]
We are KRAFTON – a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world.
Since the release of our flagship title – PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS – in 2017, it has become one of the highest selling video games of all time with over 70 million copies sold.
We are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, with regional KRAFTON offices located across the globe.
Our Amsterdam Office is KRAFTON’s EMEA Headquarters which covers the Europe, Middle East & Africa, and the CIS regions, with teams dedicated to Publishing, Esports, Content, Communications and General Operations. These teams support all local offices and development studios in our region.
Onsite, our Amsterdam Office also houses PUBG Studios which is busy with the development of an exciting new IP, currently known as Project “Black Budget”.
As a Technical Narrative Designer, you will be designing and scripting narrative elements for an exciting unannounced project, in a highly collaborative team passionate about narrative craft.
Basic Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and script narrative content, mostly focused on missions
- Steer narrative systems from conception to implementation
- Maintain clear, concise, and comprehensive documentation
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and continuously improve narrative tools
- Work closely with other disciplines to champion internally consistent narrative
We are ideally looking for:
- Experience as a Technical Narrative or Gameplay Designer, ideally on a multiplayer project,
- Experience with Blueprints visual scripting in Unreal Engine
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced game literacy and interest in other media
- Nice-to-have: experience with C++
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- An allowance to cover the Dutch mandatory health insurance
- 25 paid + 4 extra paid working days off a year
- Relocation package
- Pension scheme
- A commuter allowance
- Lunch allowance and a range of snacks & drinks
- Health and Wellness allowance
- Full assistance with visas and the 30% ruling applications when the candidate is eligible
More about our Amsterdam office…
Our office is situated in the Amsterdam Zuid area, a buzzing business hub in the southern part of the city.
Close to our office you can find a broad choice of cuisine – such as the iconic Market 33 Food Hall, offering vibrant social settings.
Also, nearby is one of the main public transportation hubs – Amsterdam Zuid train, metro, tram & bus station, bringing the city’s highlights close, be it one of the many museums, canals, parks, or culinary experiences you are interested in.
Likewise, our Amsterdam team reflects the city’s diverse atmosphere – being mainly expats, we currently represent more than 40 different nationalities, and we are still expanding our team!
We welcome all applications!
We are proud to have such a multicultural environment and we strive to create a safe, inclusive, and harmonious atmosphere for everyone to thrive in. We invite applications from all genders, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, and ages.
If this sounds like a good fit for your skills and experience, then apply right away!