Technical Operations Specialist
The Technical Operations Specialist is responsible for providing assistance and coordinating various IT and Infrastructure needs with our team and Ubisoft IT services. This person will participate in optimizing daily activities, workflows and processes relating to acquiring and managing software and hardware resources.
This is a technical and organizational role that requires an ability to identify, organize and analyze information about our teams needs to maintain an overview of activities and facilitate the resolution of requests.
- Answer direct IT / Infrastructure support requests (in person and online) of various nature, coordinate requests with other Ubisoft IT teams, follow-up and report on progress.
- Troubleshoot with users and help construct accurate incident reports, identify needs and offer direct support or find resources to resolve issues.
- Develop proactive operations monitoring methods and propose solutions to regular occurring challenges.
- Create and manage users, computer accounts and their access to network resources (access and security).
- Deploy, manage, and monitor servers (with help of Ubi IT services)
- Deploy, manage and monitor render farm machines (with help of Ubi IT services)
- Restore systems after outages (with help of Ubi IT services)
- Deploy software packages (with help of Ubi IT services)
- Assist in proactively renewing software licensing.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory and assignments of hardware, software and technology resources.
- Manage configurations for new employee PC's
- Monitor file storage capacity (optimize performance – high/low speeds and backups), manage archiving procedures and report on monthly costs.
- Setup environments for external contractors
- Circulate information about best practices.
- Perform all other related duties.
DEP, AEC, DEC in Computer Science
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in technical user support
- Excellent customer service
- Manage priorities well
- Ability to provide in-person and remote computer support
- Work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Team spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French and English)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of support software and remote access systems
- Knowledge of creative software (Adobe Suite, Autodesk products, Visual Studio, etc.) (asset)
- Knowledge of Mac and Linux operating systems (asset)
- Knowledge of scripts (batch files, VBScript) (asset)