Technical Product Manager III - League Studios, Game Engine Graphics
League Studio is the entity within Riot Games that makes League of Legends, Wild Rift, and Teamfight Tactics along with other games in development. To support the aspirations of these games, the Studio makes significant investments in developing and advancing the League game platform through the Tech Foundations team. HexTech is a team within Tech Foundations that is accountable for the engine, tools, and the developer experience for League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics.
As a Technical Product Manager III (TPM) at Riot, you will combine deep experiences with product leadership capabilities to provide players with essential features and supporting systems. As a TPM on the Hextech Graphics Team, you will join a multi-disciplinary team focused on improving development experience for artists, designers, and engineers. You will set the product direction, vision, and strategy for visual graphics, audio, and animation areas of the engine including rendering and visual effects that powers the player experience for League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics. You will define the product requirements and guide the product lifecycle from start to finish.
Your curiosity and deep understanding of your customer needs, device performance characteristics, and current and future engine graphics capabilities will be used to push the limits of what is possible to improve the quality and delight of the player experience. You will be accountable for maintaining a high level of in-game quality and performance on mobile and PC for our players worldwide. You will report to the Director of Product Management of Hextech.
- Define and drive a vision, strategy and roadmap for the Hextech Graphics team
- Lead and set the direction for the products, tools, and support structure
- Manage relationships with partners/stakeholders, customer and partner communications
- Gather user feedback and incorporate it into product roadmaps
- Ensure your products and team is aligned with the game team’s and Riot's goals
- Partner and collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Technical Leads to align on the product and technical plan the team executes against
- Review and develop Service Level Agreements and goals with all core customers
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork, team leadership, communication, and stakeholder management
- Experience with rendering technologies, audio systems, visual effects, animation systems, and/or shader development
- Experience working with teams building software for internal users (artists, engineers, designers)
- Experience working on live games or services operating at global scale
- Experience building or using game engines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.