Technical Program Manager, China Game Operations
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That\'s where you come in.
Program Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to provide player value through work systems and practices. While driving internal agreement and accountability for teams and development organizations, we are focusing on improvement.
As a Program Manager on the China Studio team, you will coordinate important development projects within China Studio. You will embed on team(s) as the execution arm for engineering and program management to manage the entire project lifecycle. You will foster an open work environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through reporting, visualization, and cross-organizational communication.
- Build and manage all project management milestones from initiation, roadmapping, execution, monitoring, to completion
- Manage development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, and evaluating trade-offs
- Own reporting and presenting status updates to the executive management team
- Assess the team\'s health and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Identification, resolution and removal of impediments during the sprint cycle
- Build relationships across the Production discipline, including personally and for the team
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values
- 4+ years of project/program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact, influence and communicate at various levels of the organization from the executive to the engineer
- Knowledge of Agile (Kanban, Scrum, Agile at Scale) and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and dependencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Certifications in project management (PMP, CSM, SAFe)
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging and productive
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
For this role, you\'ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner\'s Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It\'s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles\' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant\'s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).