Technical Program Manager III - Live Operations
Technical Program Managers at Riot lead passionate, cross-functional teams to achieve player value through the delivery of large programs that are aligned with Riot's strategic priorities.
As a Technical Program Manager for the Technology Department, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Program Management and will plan and drive programs that not only span our multiple platform teams but also affect all game and product teams at Riot. We ask that you have a technology background, an understanding of agile methodologies, excellent customer management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross-functional technical and creative teams. You will establish an implementation approach, facilitate technical direction, and drive project processes to achieve the goals of the program.
- Align autonomous teams towards complex, medium to large-scale programs centered around Riot's strategic technology priorities.
- Create program plans with creative, architecture, operations, and technical teams.
- Establish processes and delivery methodologies to ensure we accomplish our program goals.
- Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves milestones against its objective.
- Organize our program-level planning, communication, and team member rituals.
- Manage program-level risks and issues.
- Create transparency and predictability by building roadmaps for assigned programs.
- Maintain partner relationships, providing visibility into work streams and maintaining partner satisfaction.
- Develop product release and go-to-market plans.
- 6+ years of technical project management experience.
- Previous program experience in a large distributed organization.
- Expertise in software development, infrastructure, and live operations management.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies such as Scrum, Waterfall, and Kanban.
- Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
- Experience managing multiple internal and external partners.
- Desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players.
- Working knowledge in DevOps and/or SRE methodologies or experience in managing projects focused on operational health utilizing technology at scale.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience shipping and supporting AAA online games or equivalent consumer technology products at scale.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.