Technical Project Manager
About this Role
Fandom is growing! Our Technical Project Manager position is based in the US and reports to our Director of Technical Program Management.
Our TPM team is a fan of managing development of the fan experience for our Community Platform (Wikis), the world's largest platform for fans with over 2.5 billion page views and 300 million unique users a month! Our Community Platform underlies some of the biggest fan knowledge bases in the world, including communities built around pop culture phenomena like Star Wars, Minecraft, Marvel Comics, and thousands of others.
You will work with teams to improve results through efficient processes and planning. You understand the link between strategic vision and tactical project execution, and can break down complex projects into bite-sized steps that promote us toward achieving our goals. This role can be a hybrid or remote role ideally located on the East Coast or Central US.
- Coordinate complex projects from kickoff through release, ensuring agreement and coordination across numerous teams
- Create project artifacts; coordinate tasks across all SDLC stages (kickoff to delivery), act as a central contact to guide cross-team communication and champion best practices for assigned teams and projects
- Develop prioritization frameworks and work with Product & Engineering Management to prioritize projects to provide the most value to the company as efficiently as possible
- Create project-level metrics, OKRs; provide to all partners and customize based on our requirements
- Identify and assess risk, escalate concerns, and reduce issues
- Track and facilitate communication for updates/notifications
- Identify risks and opportunities; communicate to leadership for resolution/feedback
- Manage important company partners across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Finance, Community, and Business Operations teams
- Support team development while holding teams accountable for commitments; remove roadblocks to their work; use organizational resources to improve outcomes
- Develop solutions to address important operational challenges, partner pain points, and sources of friction
- Contribute to a positive working environment; manage and advocate for multiple points of view in an objective, collaborative manner, understanding when to escalate issues
- Work with Experts to identify areas of improvement and drive changes; work with teams and internal partners for ongoing process improvements
- Facilitate processes for quarterly roadmap planning, tracking, and organization-wide communication
- 2+ years project management (or equivalent) experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience working with teams on a common goal in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience with Agile development, continuous improvement methodologies, project management methodologies, root cause analysis, techniques to measure impact and outcomes, and discover requirements
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across numerous time zones
- Technology-focused project management experience
- Agile and PMP certifications
- Combination of experience in startups and enterprise-level companies
- Passion for pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Vibrant team culture, periodic team lunches and happy hour events
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Training (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Flexible working hours and time off
- Equity & Retirement Programs including 401K match
- Paid Parental Leave
- International work environment with start-up culture
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.