Technical Project Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join the team behind Total War, Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2 to create thrilling game experiences on a new project. This will be based at our studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the objective side of game production; crafting and steering process decisions to help projects stay on track. This position’s primary responsibility will be to oversee scheduling and objective reporting of the game’s development status for both internal team usage, and external stakeholders’ visibility. This position will also oversee the usage of systems such as JIRA, to ensure the development team have a frictionless process, that allows them to focus on the game while still providing a suitable amount of data for reporting.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 1 day every 2 weeks in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
On a day-to day basis, you will:
- Create and evolve scheduling processes to map out the long-term development plan
- Oversee objective reporting of the project’s past, current and future status
- Co-ordinate planning sessions so we have a regularly iterated view on the work required
- Working with the Technical Team to help plan multiple long-term projects
- Oversee JIRA and connected systems.
- Project management experience in Tech or Gaming industry
- Ability to organise project management processes
- Advanced knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, Microsoft Office apps (including Project and PowerBI)
- Advanced knowledge of Agile and Waterfall software development processes
- Ability to solve unexpected problems and identify and mitigate risks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to tailor presented information for the appropriate audience.
- Experience of a full game development cycle.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.