Technical QA Analyst
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
LED BY DEAD SPACE AND CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE VETERAN GLEN SCHOFIELD, the development team at Striking Distance Studios is hard at work on its first game, The Callisto Protocol, a single player and story-driven survival horror game set in a prison colony on Jupiter’s moon Callisto. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
What We Need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an exceptional QA Analyst in Zaragoza, Spain, to help create a new next generation AAA experience. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, passionate about games, has outstanding critical thinking and communication skills, and excels at providing both qualitative and quantitative feedback. In this role you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and performing comprehensive test plans, critically analyzing, identifying, reporting, and regressing core defects/issues found in the game via white, grey and black-box testing methodologies, close communication and collaboration with members of the development team, and collecting and compiling helpful and relevant documentation for the rendering team.
- Identify, analyze, report and regress defects found within the product
- Design, develop, maintain and execute comprehensive test plans and development tasks
- Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge base of our game design, core gameplay and rendering features
- Provide clear and consistent qualitative feedback on the game to relevant teams/contributors
- Collaborate with members of QA, production and development to align and execute on daily priorities
- Supported by engineering, perform preliminary investigations of rendering problems found within the codebase of Unreal Engine.
- Proactive problem solver with a proven track record for getting ahead of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Able to effectively work autonomously with a supportive team given limited direction/details.
- Understanding of Unreal Engine lighting. E.g., being able to bake lighting.
- Able to compile source code and make simple engine modifications for testing purposes.
- Comfortable in C++ and demonstrate basic shader knowledge.
- Python/scripting skills is valued.
- Jira/Confluence knowledge is valued.
- Experience in agile development methodologies is valued.